May 24, 2013
Cleaning Tips – Liquid Spills on Carpet & Upholstery
Unfortunately accidents will happen, so these tips could help you should the worst happen:
The quicker you act, the better chance you have of removing any staining. Once a stain has dried it is much more difficult to remove.
- Carefully blot the stain from the outside working in towards the middle using an absorbent cloth, kitchen roll works well.
- Remove as much of the spill as possible.
- Never rub the stain – this may spread the stain to other areas of the carpet or upholstery.
- Never use a hair dryer or iron to dry the carpet this will only seal the stain in.
- If you do decide to have a go at cleaning the carpet your self try cleaning chemicals on a spare piece of carpet or unseen area. Carpets are made of various fibres and use different dyes and manufacturing techniques so there is no one thing that is completely safe for every type of carpet.
If you would like more advise on how to remove specific liquid stains on carpets please call us on 0114 2682116.